Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pictures That Lie

I chose the shark attack photo because I found it suspenseful and interesting. The picture is of a helicopter hovering above water, as military personnel are climbing up a ladder attach to the helicopter. The tainted image adds in a shark attacking the men, which adds intensity to the photo. It was easily added in by copying the shark so that it is coming out of the water. The picture is by Museum of Hoaxes. The image could be slightly harmful, but not much. It could be harmful to the friends and family of military members, pictures like these could make them worry that their friends and family could be getting eaten by sharks. Other than this example, do not see how this image is harmful.


Shark attack

3 comments:

  1. This is a very suspensful image, it is interesting how much one addition to an image can change the context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture you chose is sweet. I like it beetter with the shark. I agree that it adds extra stress to family members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. When I saw this photo I just thought it looked pretty awesome. I don't see how this could've done too much harm.

    ReplyDelete